AMY GUGGENHEIM - 10 Questions
10 Questions from the March 2014 1st Scene Screenplay Winner.
1. Why should your script be made into a film?
We need to look at how we act, and what will bring us to more awareness. The script I've written, and the subject itself, is emotionally and visually moving so that the audience will go away less hungry, and more engaged. Its a wonderful opportunity to have the talented and exciting Japanese and US artists interested in the project to be sure to make it original, satisfying and cinematic!
2. How long have you been writing screenplays?
3. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
The Hand by Wong Kar Wai
4. What artists would you love to work with?
Marion Cotillard Tony Leung and Glenn Close
5. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
Many theater and short films.
6. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Making more dramatic feature films.
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I get up at 4.00 and work until 7.30 before my son wakes. I rewrite.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Being a mother and an internationalist.
9. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
It was recommended to me by a secret friend.
10. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
Keep at it. Be intuitive. Writing what you know is not what you think. Keep going.