EMILY LEBLANC - 10 Questions
10 Questions from the March 2014 Short Screenplay Winner.
1. Why should your script be made into a film?
I feel there is a good mixture of adventure to keep the audience engaged with the story and heart to move them. Also, it is appropriate for all ages, families can share this adventure together.
2. How long have you been writing screenplays?
About four years.
3. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
4. What artists would you love to work with?
As far the film industry go, Sayles, Spielberg, and Burton were the first three that came to mind.
I also would really like to work with whomever does/runs www.humansofnewyork.com
5. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
Three features screenplays. Three short scripts. One prose.
6. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
On a film set watching one of the stories I wrote being brought to life.
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I write ideas as they come to me in journals for quite a while. Once I get a feel for a story I always make a soundtrack to accompany it.
Then I just get writing. A lot of things get worked out and discovered as a go along.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I really enjoy working with kids. I love how they see the world and am very passionate about them finding their identity in who they are and not what they do.
9. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
I friend of mine suggested it and I thought it was time to stop going back and forth about entering a contest.
10. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
I don't think I'm in any position to be giving advice. Just, if you want to write, then write!