CLICK HERE and listen to an interview with the director of THE HOPPER, Best Film from the May 2013 Film Festival
CLICK HERE and listen to an interview with the director of THE PHOENIX, the Sci-Fi drama that didn't get a fair shake at the event.
CLICK HERE and LISTEN to the soundtrack music from THE HOPPER short film. Music by Elton Theander and Ole Wagner.
The theme of the JUNE 2013 Film Festival was: "Dealing with the choices made for you".
Every film showcased at the event had this underlying thematic.
- In Quest for Energy, an island community off the country of India have found sustainable ways to get electricity, the opposite of the rest of the world and perhaps more effective and better for the environment.
- In Zini and Ami, a man buys an attractive robot woman to be his girlfriend and companion, but runs into trouble when she falls in love with him.
- In The Phoenix, mankind has developed the ability to transfer the mind and soul of a human being into an android host body, but a young boy has trouble not seeing the physical in the soul of his grandfather.
- In The Inevitable Story of Leticia Diniz, a she-male's destination will be to be a call girl in Rio De Janeiro, because that's how she was raised.
- And in The Hopper, two teenagers living in the Baltimore projects decide to rob drug dealers, because that's the world they live in.
It's a new beginning to the FEEDBACK Film Festival as this was our 2nd event at the Carlton Cinemas in downtown Toronto, Canada.
Take a look at the Audience Feedback Videos from our NEW Film Festival. Some of the best short films in the world today were showcased.
AUDIENCE FESTIVAL AWARDS
Best Film: THE HOPPER
Best Overall Performances: Actors from THE INEVITABLE STORY OF LETICIA DINIZ
Best Cinematography: DP Pablo Baiao from the film THE INEVITABLE STORY OF LETICIA DINIZ