WILDsound FEEDBACK TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL
Highlights from the Thursday May 30th event.
The theme of the May 2013 Film Festival was: "Trying to get something back you left behind".
Every film showcased at the event had this underlying thematic.
- In Cadaver, we have a story of a dead man going on a road trip in order to see his wife once more to give her his heart.
- In Return of the Haircut, a man attempts to convert to the mainstream and cuts off his long hair, but his hair comes back in the shape of a live hairball and attempts to return to his head.
- In A Pretty Funny Story, a man goes to the greatest lengths to make sure his bad dancing remains a secret from his neighbors who are the only ones who know.
- In Snail Trail, we have an experimental look at the evolutionary cycle of life as a snail crawls his way upward only to have him fall backwards to where he began.
- And in Rose, Mary and Time, a man gets to go back in time to change the moment where it all went wrong for him when he betrayed the love of his life.
That was also the theme of the WILDsound Film Festival in general as we too are gaining back what we left behind. We came back after an 8 month hiatus and are in a new venue at the Carlton Cinemas in downtown Toronto, Canada. It's a new beginning to the FEEDBACK Film Festival..
Take a look at the Audience Feedback Videos from our first NEW Film Festival. Some of the best short films in the world today were showcased.
AUDIENCE FESTIVAL AWARDS
Pick the THEME of the event: Over 100 ballots came in and just one audience member guessed the theme of the night. So GARY WHEELER wins a FREE PASS to every festival for the remainder of the year.
Best Film: ROSE, MARY and TIME
Best Overall Performances: Actors from A PRETTY FUNNY STORY
Best Cinematography: DP David Symmons from the film ROSE, MARY and TIME
Best Music: Original Score from CADAVER by Chris Thomas. Plus, the song Heart of Gold written by Neil Young