GK PARKER - 10 Questions
10 Questions from the JUNE 2014 Feature Screenplay Winner.
1. What is your NOVEL about?
A psychopathic LAPD cop terrorizes Los Angeles during the 1984 summer Olympics. As his horrific crimes become more frequent he is hunted by
indifferent detectives who have no idea they are searching for one of their own.
2. Why should your novel be published all over the world?
People all over the world are fascinated by Los Angeles and the LAPD epitomizes the American police in the minds of many.
3. How long have you been writing?
I wrote my first novel when I was 17. I've never stopped writing since then.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What artists would you love to work with?
Quentin Tarantino, Brian de Palma, Ben Affleck
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
Around a couple of dozen novels, with 14 published. Three spec scripts for TV.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Living off my writing and working in Los Angeles
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Write a quick first draft, then revise at leisure. I enjoy working with a strong beta reader and editor
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Horses and Doberman Pinschers have always been a great passion of mine. I'm a strong supporter of keeping the wild mustangs in their western lands.
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
An interest in getting back to screenwriting. Many of my novels would make good movies.
11. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
The best advice I ever got was never stop writing. Write everyday, even if it's only a paragraph. And be persistent. Don't give up.