JAY MAHOFFER - 10 Questions
10 Questions from the July 2014 TV SPEC Screenplay Winner.
1. What is your TV SPEC SCRIPT about?
Archer witnesses (what he thinks is) Krieger's murder at the hands of vigilantes, and decides he needs to do something to preserve what he considers to be an important legacy. While he and Lana stalk Krieger's "murderers" through the streets of Jerusalem, he nags the piss out of her in an effort to get her to let him serve as her unborn child's father figure.
2. How does your script fit into the arc of the television show?
Well, it doesn't now on account of the Season 5 Reboot ("Archer Vice"). It takes place right after the end of Season 4, when we learn that Lana is pregnant but no one is sure who the father is.
3. How long have you been writing screenplays?
On and off for a year or two.
4. What movie have you seen the most in your life?
5. What artists would you love to work with?
Rob Schneider and Clint Howard
6. How many stories/screenplays have you written?
Only a handful.
7. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Making cash money writing dick jokes for TV.
8. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
Don't have one.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
10. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
I thought it'd be a hoot to see a table read of my work.
11. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?
Don't be a bum.