MICAH GOLDMAN - 10 Questions
10 Questions from the February 2014 TV Screenplay Winner.
1. Why makes your NEW GIRL Spec Episode stand out from the rest of the TV SPEC Screenplays?
|WATCH Interview with the Writer
I think the way in which the three stories weave together makes it stand out. Also, the "silent film" aspect of Winston's C-plot is somewhat unique.
2. How long have you been writing screenplays?
About 7 Years.
3. What film have you seen the most in your life?
Seinfeld, Wonder Years, Saved By The Bell, Broad City, Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee, Real World:Cancun
4. What artists in the film industry would you love to work with?
Larry David and Vince Vaughn.
5. How many screenplays have you written?
6. Ideally, where would you like to be in 5 years?
Staffed on a television show.
7. Describe your process; do you have a set routine, method for writing?
I write a few sentences, clean my entire apartment, then write a few more. There isn't a set routine although I like to make sure I'm really happy with the outline prior to starting on the script. As for dialogue, I like to read it over and over again.
8. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
I'm a big Knicks fan. Also, Woody Allen films and anything Chuck Klosterman writes.
9. What influenced you to enter the WILDsound Script Contest?
The opportunity for exposure. Also, the actors who perform are all really good.
10. Any advice or tips you'd like to pass on to other writers?